Thursday, October 3, 2013

My creative process

My creative process is... flexible. These days life is so busy that I am squeezing in art when I can, or when I feel I absolutely need it! I often find myself inspired when I am doing something the opposite of creative. It's like my creative soul is conjuring up all the fun I could be having! I also find myself inspired after a long run, a visit to a vintage shop, seeing an artsy movie, etc. Usually if I find time to create it happens late at night after I can't make myself do any more homework! :) Also, I absolutely love when I discover a chunk of time on a Sunday that I can dedicate to art, it's always refreshing and inspiring.

For the first time ever, I have an official art space. I can not tell you how much I love this. My boyfriend built me a huge art desk - it's so big that I had to choose, art desk or kitchen table - you can guess what I chose! This way, I have a space that can always be dedicated to art. I found that in the past, living with friends, I would try to clean up my stuff before and after making art and it made me less likely to get everything out.

I love to listen to music while I make art, specifically Jack Johnson and other happy music.  On occasion I will watch a movie or catch up on a show while I make art, too. Rarely is there silence. I think it will be a challenge to uni-task while making art - no phone, no music and no background noise!

No comments:

Post a Comment