Monday, January 28, 2013

SERIES

In reading about the role of the "series" in the art world, I realized that creating a series is a powerful way to explore relationships. The pieces that make up the series have both individual and relationship roles creating an interesting dichotomy. Meaning changes as context changes, and in this case the context is viewing either a part of the series or the whole.

I found the history of series quite interesting because of its link to the development of printmaking. As I take my first printmaking class this semester, I will definitely use the idea of "series" throughout the semester. I love the idea of telling a narrative through a series of prints. Each part of the whole tells its own narrative and combined these narratives tell a complete story.

No comments:

Post a Comment