Wednesday, September 11, 2013

8900 - Blogging brainstorm

In my future classroom, I think blogs would be a great resource for connecting the students and sharing and reflecting on their artistic process. I think it would be fabulous to incorporate other forms of social media into this element of the classroom as well, having them share instagram pictures and follow their favorite artists, as well as creating inspirational pinterest boards where they can take note of new techniques. The beauty of the digital world is the connection that can happen. Students can share exciting information with one another seamlessly, and without having to all be located in the same place.

I know that I would like for my students to regularly use artist journals as well in the classroom. I personally prefer a physical copy, something that I can take with me no matter how technology changes. However, I also think that there are millions of digital resources out there that cannot be captured on paper: ex: youtube, pinterest, stumbleupon, etc. I think that incorporating a blog into art curriculum should be meaningful and create new opportunity for the art classroom.

1 comment:

  1. Can you see any possibility in a hybrid copy of journal - both digital and physical? Just a thought...

    ReplyDelete