Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Proposal

I believe that part of the reason many students do not consider themselves artists once they are older is due to the fact that they do not see being an artist as a viable career option. They have most likely heard somewhere along the way the term starving artist, or that artists don't actually make enough money to thrive. I know that I had heard this more than once growing up. However, the reality is that the creative industry is huge, and there are thousands of jobs that require an artist's mind. I am interested in developing a curriculum that engages students in learning about the variety of artists that work in the every day world and giving them the opportunity to try on that role. From animation and advertising to 3D modeling and magazine design, there are countless jobs that require an artist's eye and hand. I would like to give my students authentic experiences in these fields, so that they are aware of the opportunities for creative people. Also, I would like to bring in professionals from as many creative fields as possible to talk to students about the work that they do as an artist. I think middle school would be the perfect age to began exploring creative opportunities as students began to develop their identities. 

No comments:

Post a Comment