Monday, October 15, 2012

Big Idea Book: Completed









Artist Statement:

The theory of multiple intelligences is of interest to me as both an educator and and artist. As an educator, it is imperative that I create a curriculum that not only inspires "artistic students" but students with talents across all areas. Because art has so many limitless possibilities and can be expressed through a multitude of mediums, it is an opportunity to engage students with strengths across all areas. In my "big idea" book, I have expressed the importance of supporting students in finding their unique path to success, and touched on the ways in which each type of thinker prefers to learn. 

My big idea book coincides with my children's book that teaches children that there are many types of strengths and learning and that each has its own advantage. This theme could be transitioned into a curriculum that focuses on challenging students across all of the areas: linguistic, spatial, bodily-kinesthetic, interpersonal, intrapersonal, musical and logical/mathematical.


No comments:

Post a Comment